For Your First Visit
We are so excited that you have chosen us as your dentist in Las Vegas. We look forward to getting to know you and having you join our dental family at Dentistry for Families.
Here is what is going to happen during your first visit.
- You will probably need dental x-rays…unless you brought your most recent x-rays with you. If you have had dental x-rays taken within the last 6 months you can either bring them with you or ask the dentist to send them to our office. In some cases they will ask you to sign a release so it is important that you notify them ahead of time. Dental x-rays are an important diagnostic tool that we use to see the health of your teeth.
- The doctor will take this time to introduce himself and officially welcome you to our dental family. He will get to know you and discuss what brings you to the office.
- We will fully review your medical history and the medications you are taking. Many common conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and their medications can affect your oral health and the condition of your gums and teeth.
- The doctor will perform a head and neck examination, an oral cancer screening, and a complete oral examination. He will use all the information gathered from the x-rays and exams to formulate a treatment plan with to restore esthetics and function.
- We will review all of the findings with you. We will review all of the x-rays and any pictures that we have taken with you and any possible treatment. In many cases there are different options of treatment and we will discuss those options so you can make an educated decision on how best your treat your smile.
*Note*In rare cases the doctor may need study models and will need more time to formulate the treatment plan. In such cases a follow-up appointment will be needed.